2014 UMFF INTERNS:
2014 UMFF Volunteers:
2013 UMFF INTERNS:
Andrew W. Meschke
Yi Yuan (Nancy) Chiu
Claris S. Sun
Shih Hsiung Chen
2013 UMFF Volunteers:
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Exciting volunteer opportunities await you with the Universe Multicultural Film Festival which take place April 1-3, 2016, in South Bay of Los Angeles. UMFF needs volunteers year round to help with all aspects of preparation and execution of our projects and events. Volunteers assist at the theaters, festival office and hospitality desks at the venues - and in many other ways.
By becoming part of the festival team, you will network with other people, see films, and play a valuable role in the festival organization.
Sign up for Volunteer Registration for 2017 Universe Multicultural Film Festival ( http://signup.com/go/y8LNe4 ) on @SignUpdotcom today!.
BECOME AN INTERN
The Universe Multicultural Film Festival is seeking applicants for intern positions in the film submissions, programming, development, operations and marketing departments. All interns will be part of the general intern team, but depending on interest and skill set some will work more closely with specific departments. Interns will gain invaluable first-hand experience in festival production through working with skilled staff members on projects and events.
Interns should be able to contribute 10-20 hours per week and be able to come to the office (open Monday through Friday, 10a.m. to 5:00p.m.) for at least 3 hours at a time. Positions are open for immediate start and available through the end of the festival ( April 2016).
We look forward to working with a great group of students!
• Blogging about festival events, submission deadlines and other important information
• Researching and updating film school lists
• US and international outreach for both submissions and attendance
• Working closely with programming staff to screen films for the upcoming 13th year Festival
• Assisting in the creation of a film marketing strategy
• Answering filmmaker, volunteer and patron questions
• Creating fliers, drafting letters, and editing/updating office manuals
• Working to build the festival's audience base
• Helping at monthly festival film screenings (setting up, taking tickets, etc.)
• Updating the database
• Keeping the office organized, clean and tidy
•Applicants should be friendly, outgoing and confident in assignments at hand
•Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
•Excellent writing and communication skills
•Ability to remain organized and multi-task
•Good phone skills to interact with filmmakers, volunteers, and attendees
•Excellent Internet and research skills
•Ability to have great fun
•Ability to do some physical work (event set-up or takedown, moving boxes, etc.)
For more information or to submit your cover letter and resume please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org